When the dentalScan.exe is started, there is no reaction from the system. The process is not listed in the task manager and the software does not start.
This behavior is mostly due to a lack of system data. If the software does not start and there are no error messages, this is often a sign that not all Redistributables are available on the system. These are necessary to run the software properly.
- No action by the system when starting dentalScan.exe.
- The process is not listed in the task manager.
- The Redistributables are incomplete.
Start Control Panel - Programs - Programs and Features. Here you have to check whether all Redistributables have been installed.
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (64x)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable (64x)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (64x)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (64x)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (64x)/Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable (64x)
- Alternatively: Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (64x)
If you have noticed that data is missing on your system, you have to install it manually. Before doing this, you must remove all more recent versions via Programs and Features. Then the older package can be installed correctly.
You can find the appropriate Redistributables in the installation folder:
C:\Program Files\3D-Scanner\dental Scan\Prerequisites\Redistributables