Why should the scanner be calibrated?
The axis calibration of your device must be carried out to ensure the correct operation of your scanner. The axis calibration starts automatically in the following cases:
- after a new installation or software update,
- after the exchange of calibration data,
- at regular intervals of 30 days.
In addition, you should carry out the calibration if
- the scanner has been subjected to severe temperature fluctuations.
- the scanner has been moved to another location (change of workplace/space).
For axis calibration, impressions must be inserted in the scanner.
After a failed axis calibration, correct scanning results can no longer be achieved. The failure of the axis calibration indicates a problem with the data generated during calibration.
- The axis calibration fails.
- The correct calibration data is used.
- Make sure that there are impressions inside the scanner.
To solve the problem, check the possible causes step by step. Restart the axis calibration after each step. The error source is eliminated as soon as the axis calibration can be completed successfully.
- Make sure that there are impressions in the scanner.
- one impression when using mono Scan,
- two impressions when using duo Scan, duo Scan Touch, ds Production or free Stage.
- Check the calibration data in use and replace it, if necessary.
- Each scanner is delivered with individual calibration data.
- Compare the number of the used calibration data folder in the installation directory with the sensor number on the back of the device.
Following constellations are possible:
a) The first purchased software version is installed.
You can use the calibration data from the USB stick supplied.
b) An update/upgrade has been installed.
In addition to the calibration data, you may need the appropriate activation code to be able to use the software after the exchange. Ask your reseller for the activation code or the current calibration data.
- Check the correct connection of the scanner.
- Connection errors result in transmission problems, which can lead to faulty data.
- Adjust the power saving plan of your PC.
- To prevent transmission problems and to resolve difficulties, it is recommended to adjust the system's power saving plan.
- Remove USB devices that are not needed.
- Disconnect all unneeded USB devices as a test to rule out communication problems.