Indications for connection problems are:
- errors when taking pictures,
- an offset of single scans,
- in the 3D viewer the scan looks like a flower.
- aborts during the scanning process,
- error messages like:
- error during image capture
- no connection to the camera
- USB persisting BUS error
- all devices
- all software versions
- signs of connection problems
Check in advance that the hardware is connected correctly.
- The cable length should not exceed 2 metres.
- Do not use USB hubs or USB extensions.
- Connect the USB cable directly to the back of the PC.
- Make sure the unit is connected and switched on.
Check the used system.
- If using a notebook/laptop, it is mandatory to connect the power cable.
- We recommend using a desktop PC.
- If you are using a mini or micro system, switch to a tower as a test.
Check the power settings of your system.
- If necessary, adjust the energy saving plan.
- You should select the High Performance power plan.
- Change the power settings for the USB root hub to prevent transmission problems.
In case of transmission problems, you can try the following steps to stabilize the transmission.
- Disconnect USB devices that are not in use.
- This way you can ensure that no other device is interfering with the signal.
- Change the USB port used on the PC.
- Observe the instructions.
- Exclude a possible defect of the USB port.
- Replace the USB cable of the scanner.
- Use a new USB cable to rule out problems with it.
If the camera connection is not present, it may help to reset it once. To do this, follow these steps:
- Disconnect all cables from the back of the scanner.
- It is important that you also disconnect the unit from the power supply.
- Wait at least 10 seconds.
- Reconnect the scanner.