In larger productions, the amount of data in the work folder and the creation of project subfolders can be a limiting factor. In this case, smart optics recommends that you specify a second export directory in the settings where only the scan data will be saved by the software.
- Available from aural Scan 3.3.1
Select the Work Folder
- The Work Folder contains all data required for the scan projects.
- Enter a path in which the project folders will be created.
Activate an Export Directory
- Switch to the Export tab and activate the setting Save scan data additionally in a separate directory.
- Under Select enter the path to your server in which only the pure scan data will be exported.
If you now export a scan, all project data, including the scan data, will be saved in a project sub folder in the working directory. A copy of the scan data is also stored in the export directory for processing in the CAD software.